Code of Conduct
The IE Mambas Premier Football Program has implemented the following Code of Conduct for the important message it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting their child in sports.
Any parent guilty of improper conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave the sports facility. Repeat violations may cause a multiple game suspension, or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all games and/or practices. I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in the IE Mambas Premier Football program, by following the Mambas Code of Conduct:
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct, such as, but not limited to, booing, taunting, using profane or vulgar language, including gestures on the practice field, games or any other related Panthers activity.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I agree that my child and I will treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take the time to speak with coaches the next day or at the next practice. I will remember that the coach is volunteering his/her personal time and money in order to provide a recreational activity for my child. The coach is offering an invaluable community service often without any reward other than personal satisfaction and without them; my child would not be able to participate in the IE Mambas Premier Football program.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
Any athlete receiving discipline by a coach or an official for throwing a punch, participating in a fight or similar acts may be further suspended or expelled. Any coach, volunteer, parent, or spectator receiving discipline, including, but not limited to, being asked to leave any Mambas event for violent physical or verbal conduct or inappropriate behavior will be subject to further discipline action including suspension or expulsion from the IE Mambas Premier Football program.